ANATOMICAL SITE: Femur
Chimaera has been designed leveraging decades of knowledge and experience in hip nailing. Chimaera is a monocephalic hip nail with dual lag screw option for increased stability when required. It is available in 10mm and 11mm diameter with dedicated color coded instruments, all in one tray, for precise and reproducible operative steps.
FEATURES & BENEFITS & CLAIMS
• Self-locking sliding lag screw: designed to reduce lateral pain during weight-bearing and the related reoperation rate
• Supplementary lag screw: anti-rotational stability
• All-in-one instrument tray
• Intuitive color coded instrument selection
• Instrumentation allows reproducible, easy and accurate measurement and may reduce related x-ray exposure (http://orthofix.com)