Elastic primary cup with bioactive EPICAL™ interface
The EpiCup® is a modular, cement-free hip acetabular implant with an EPICAL® surface, which was developed by Merete in cooperation with BAM Berlin. The EpiCup® design consists of a flattening of the socket pole and a Press-Fit thickness of 1.3 mm to 2.0 mm around the cup equator. The OsteoNest™ structure on the outside of the cup ensures additional bone contact and greater surface area for osseointegration. EpiCup® acetabular cups are combined with Standard or High Wall crosslinked UHMWPE inlays, which are anchored into the cup using a snap-in mechanism.
Several anti-rotation mechanisms on the outer edge of both inlay types (Standard and High Wall) ensure rotational stability.
• Material: Pure titanium (ISO 5832-2)
• EPICAL® surface (calcium titanate CaTiO3)
• Inlay: crosslinked UHMWPE Inlays (DIN ISO 5834-2); in Standard, High Wall
• Both cup variants available in 18 sizes (Sizes 40 – 74)
• The acetabular cup can be combined with metal or BIOLOX® delta ceramic heads in four different diameters (22 mm, 28 mm, 32 mm, and 36 mm)
• Elastic primary cup with bioactive EPICAL® surface for excellent primary stability
• Patented OsteoNest™ surface with extra-deep profile allows particularly fast osseointegration
• Advanced wear of the hip joint due to degenerative, post-traumatic or rheumatic diseases, including advanced avascular necrosis of the femoral head, which cannot be treated using conservative or joint-preserving surgical procedures
• Revisions of previous surgeries (rejection of total hip endoprosthesis, hemiarthroplasty or osteosynthetic treatment of a fracture near the femoral head and osteotomies near the hip joint) (www.merete-medical.com)