● A surgical device created to aid in the treatment of PIP flexion contractures
● Extension torque, transmitted to the joint by bone pins in the middle phalanx, “grows” all contracted palmar tissues back towards normal length
● Can be used on multiple digits
● Accommodates soft tissue procedures
● Optimal torque controlled by the surgeon and hand therapist
● Avoids skin pressure limitations of conventional splints and casts
● Minimal restriction of hand function during soft tissue growth
PIP flexion contractures result from a torque imbalance across the joint. Either there is not enough extensor force, too much flexor force, or a combination of the two. The Digit Widget reverses these contractures by utilizing the principle that gentle force applied over time will stimulate growth of contracted soft tissues. The Digit Widget applies extension torque to reverse the contracture, instead of joint traction used by other methods. The Digit Widget does not prohibit finger flexion. The patient remains more active during treatment thereby minimizing joint stiffness.
It is important to remember that while the Digit Widget is very effective in reversing PIP contractures, maintenance of active joint extension requires identification and treatment of the underlying cause of the each patient’s PIP joint contracture. (https://handbiolab.com)
5.0 out of 5 stars
Top Customer Reviews
easy to use works great! Very helpful. Patients had no problems with compliance.
The customer service is awesome! I had a patient who lost all of the rubber bands and they responded that day and sent him a new entire bag of supplies at no cost to him.